Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts, expressing the author's imaginative, conceptual ideas, or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power. Other activities related to the production of works of art include the criticism of art, the study of the history of art, and the aesthetic dissemination of art.
- Book: Introduction to Art - Design, Context, and Meaning (Sachant et al.)
- Book: Art Appreciation (Lumen)
- Book: Western Art from 18th to Mid-20th Century (Taylor)
- Book: The Bright Continent - African Art History (Curnow)
- Book: Creators, Collectors & Communities (Martin)
- Book: A World Perspective of Art Appreciation (Gustlin and Gustlin)
Thumbnail: Clockwise from upper left: an 1887 self-portrait by Vincent van Gogh; a female ancestor figure by a Chokwe artist; detail from The Birth of Venus (c. 1484-1486) by Sandro Botticelli; and an Okinawan Shisa lion