Purpose: You will meet with a classmate in person, over Zoom, or via a phone call to practice using information in Spanish about different outfits you will need to pack for a vacation based on the weather and the activities you have planned. The collaboration part of this activity will take approximately 20 minutes, so plan accordingly. You will each have access to different information, so decide who will be Estudiante 1 and who will be Estudiante 2. Preview your portion of the worksheet in advance so you have an idea of what to do on your end for each of the three steps.
Task: You and your friend are taking a road trip for Spring Break and leaving right after classes on Friday. Estudiante 1 has been to Los Ángeles before, but this is the first time for Estudiante 2, although he/she has good friends who live there. Estudiante 1 will help Estudiante 2 decide what to pack for the 7-day trip based on the weather. Estudiante 2 will help Estudiante 1 decide what to pack based on the special activities for the week.
Download or print the following PDF. Inside, you will find two different pages, one for Estudiante 1 and one for Estudiante 2. Each student has a unique task for this activity. Start with Paso 1 and read the directions; then, make notes on your downloaded or printed PDF, as you will have to turn this in to your instructor. After you finish Paso 1, move on to Pasos 2 & 3.
PDF download: Las vacaciones
After you complete the activity with your partner, you will write a ‘Reporte’ based on your interaction with him/her. Your report needs to answer the following questions in paragraph form. You do not need to talk about every single vacation day and every single activity. You can generalize about the weather and you can pick two or three activities to talk about.
- ¿Cómo se llama tu compañero(a)?
- ¿Cómo es el clima en Los Ángeles la semana de tus vacaciones?
- ¿Qué tipo de ropa vas a llevar para tus vacaciones en Los Ángeles?
- ¿Qué actividades vas a hacer en Los Ángeles con tu compañero(a)?
Criteria: 75% of the grade for this activity comes from your answers on the .pdf document (you only need to submit the part that you played in the interaction—Estudiante 1 or Estudiante 2). The remaining 25% of the grade comes from your ‘Reporte’ based on the interaction with your partner. If you are unsure about how your instructor wants you to submit this assignment (i.e. upload a word processing file, upload media, etc.), please ask for clarification before beginning.
Contributors and Attributions
- Collaborative Peer Activity: Las vacaciones--el clima y la ropa. Authored by: Diamond Wilson with Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution