Purpose: You will practice your written sentence building skills in Spanish by participating in a discussion board in Spanish. In this activity, you will focus on the tú and yo forms of certain stem-changing verbs, particularly on those with irregular yo forms.
Task: This activity has three parts:
- An initial post where you ask your peers 4 of the questions below.
- A response in Spanish to two questions in two of your classmates’ posts with a follow up question.
- A follow-up response in Spanish answering the questions your classmates asked you on your original post.
Paso 1. Choose four of the following questions in Spanish and conjugate the verbs shown in parentheses. Be sure to pay attention to both stem changes and endings! Post your completed four questions, written in Spanish, to the discussion board.
- ¿Qué música _______________ (oír – tú) normalmente?
- ¿Qué cosa _______________ (ver – ustedes) por la ventana?
- ¿Qué _______________ (tener – los niños) en el plato?
- ¿Qué _______________ (hacer – tú) los fines de semana?
- ¿A qué hora _______________ (venir – tus compañeros) a la clase de español?
- ¿Qué cosas _______________ (traer – tú) en tu mochila?
- ¿A qué hora _______________ (salir – tus amigos) de su trabajo?
- ¿Qué cosas les _______________ (dar – tú) de comer a tus amigos en una fiesta?
Paso 2. You will read the four questions of two classmates and choose two questions to answer. Follow up your responses with ¿y tú?
Paso 3. Just as you have read and responded to two of your peers, some of your peers have read and responded to you. Answer the two follow up questions your peers posed on your original post, thank them and sign off.
Criteria: The components of this activity add up to 100%.
Part 1. 20% of the points for this activity will be earned by filling in the blanks and posting four questions in Spanish to the discussion board (5% each question).
Part 2. 40% of the points for this activity will be earned for interacting with two peers on their initial posts. You are to read and answer two of the four questions that two of your peers posted, and follow up with a ‘¿y tú? question. Each answer and follow up question is worth 10%.
Part 3. 40% of the points for this activity will be earned by reading your peers’ responses to your original questions, making sure you answer their follow up ‘¿y tú?’ questions, thank them for writing and sign off.
In the following example, Ida posts four questions from the list to the discussion board after filling in the blanks with each verb. She then goes to two of her classmates’ posts and reads their questions. Ida chooses to answer the two questions and follows up her responses with ¿y tú? Ida then goes to her original post and sees that Maaya and Ali have answered her questions and followed up with ¿y tú? She then answers their follow up questions, thanks them for writing to her and signs off.
– Ejemplo: This is an example using a question that is not on the list of options.
|Ida: 1) ¿Qué _tienes_ que hacer hoy?|
|Maaya: ¡Hola, Ida! Hoy yo tengo que ir al supermercado a comprar la comida para la cena. ¿Y tú?|
|Ida: ¡Hola Maaya! ¡Qué aburrido! Yo hoy tengo que llevar a mi perro al veterinario. Gracias por escribir. Nos vemos pronto.|
|Ali: ¡Buenos días, Ida! ¿Cómo estás? Esta tarde yo tengo que llamar a mi mamá. ¿Y tú?|
|Ida: ¿Qué tal, Ali? Hoy yo tengo que estudiar para mi examen de matemáticas. Gracias por hablar conmigo. Hasta pronto.|
Contributors and Attributions
- Discussion: Verbos tu y yo. Authored by: Diamond Wilson with Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution