A. Cue: Kirei desu ka. Is it clean?
Response: Ee, sugoku kirei na apaato desu yo. Yes, it’s a really clean apartment!
Cue: Takai desu ka. Is it expensive?
Response:Ee, sugoku takai apaato desu yo. Yes, it’s a really expensive apartment!
B. Cue: Kirei desu ka. Is it clean?
Response: Iya, kirei ja nai desu yo No, it’s not clean!
Cue: Tooi desu ka. Is it far?
Response: Iya, tooku nai desu yo. No, it’s not far!
C. Say it in Japanese.
You’ve been asked for your opinion about an apartment.
1. Isn’t it a little far?
2. Isn’t it a little inconvenient? Isn’t there anything closer?
3. It’s really beautiful, isn’t it. However, I wonder where it is located.
4. It’s no good. It’s big, but it’s really old. Too bad.
5. It’s that famous apartment, isn’t it. It’s the most expensive one, you know.
D. Act these roles in Japanese with a partner.
1. Your friend got a perfect score on a test. Exclaim your amazement.
2. A co-worker mentions that she will not make it to the company event. Express your disappointment.
3. You’ve been asked to give a speech in Japanese. Humbly turn down the opportunity and ask if there isn’t anyone better.
4. A co-worker has shown you a picture of his mother. Comment how beautiful she is.
5. Compare products in the market by manufacturer, price, size, usefulness, etc.