Historical Studies explores what happened in the past, with the goal of interrupting our present and building a better future.
- How History is Made: A Student’s Guide to Reading, Writing, and Thinking in the Discipline (Cole et al.)
- Learn what it means to think like an historian! Units on “Thinking Historically,” “Reading Historically,” “Researching Historically,” and “Writing Historically” describe the essential skills of the discipline of history. “Performing Historically” offers advice on presenting research findings and describes some careers open to those with an academic training in history.
- Front Matter
- 1: Part 1 - Thinking Historically
- 2: Part II - Reading Historically
- 3: Part III - Researching Historically
- 4: Part IV - Writing Historically
- 5: Part V - Performing Historically
- 6: Part VI - Skills for Success
- 7: Part VII - Campus Resources
- 8: Part VIII - Degree Planning and Beyond, Advice from the UTA History Department
- 9: Appendices
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: Old books (Unsplash License; Natalia Yakovleva via Unsplash)