Purpose/Goal: to notice selected idioms
Number of Participants: any number
- Choose an idiom to be the idiom of the week.
- Post the idiom somewhere in your classroom for all students to see—for example, at the top of your blackboard.
- Students must find the meaning of the idiom in this book, in their dictionaries, on the internet, or in other resources.
- Ask students to compare their findings with each other to see how many different ways the idiom is used.
- Have students keep track of how many times they hear or read that idiom during the week.