Writing for Success is a text that provides instruction in steps, builds writing, reading, and critical thinking, and combines comprehensive grammar review with an introduction to paragraph writing and composition. Beginning with the sentence and its essential elements, this book addresses each concept with clear, concise and effective examples that are immediately reinforced with exercises and opportunities to demonstrate, and reinforce, learning. Each chapter allows your students to demonstrate mastery of the principles of quality writing. With its incremental approach, it can address a range of writing levels and abilities, helping each student in your course prepare for their next writing or university course. Constant reinforcement is provided through examples and exercises, and the text involves students in the learning process through reading, problem-solving, practicing, listening, and experiencing the writing process.
- Front Matter
- 1: Introduction to Writing
- 2: Writing Basics - What Makes a Good Sentence?
- 3: Punctuation
- 4: Working with Words - Which Word Is Right?
- 5: Help for English Language Learners
- 6: Writing Paragraphs - Separating Ideas and Shaping Content
- 7: Refining Your Writing - How Do I Improve My Writing Technique?
- 8: The Writing Process - How Do I Begin?
- 9: Rhetorical Modes
- 10: Readings - Examples of Essays
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: Alphabetic writing is a frequent category in human communication. Image used with permission (CC BY-SA 4.0; Petar Milošević).