- 10.1: The Purpose of Research Writing
- This page discusses how research writing is the main platform for academic discourse and conversation.
- 10.2: The Process of Writing a Research Paper
- This page explains the overall process of writing a research paper.
- 10.3: Developing a Research Proposal
- This page takes a student step by step through developing a research proposal.
- 10.4: Strategies for Gathering Information
- This page enumerates various strategies for gathering and evaluating sources.
- 10.5: Evaluating and Working with Sources
- This page explains how to evaluate and incorporate your research.
- 10.6: Reading and Note Taking for Research Papers
- This page helps you identify themes and organize them to help you begin to organize and develop ideas about your sources.
- 10.7: Critical Thinking and Research Applications
- This page expands upon strategies for selecting and synthesizing the information for your research paper.
- 10.8: Creating a Rough Draft for a Research Paper
- This page covers drafting your research paper and avoiding some of the pitfalls on a step by step basis.
- 10.9: Developing a Final Draft of a Research Paper
- This page covers the specifics editing and finalizing your research paper draft although this is very similar to what you will find on the earlier page on revision.
Overview of Chapter 5