By the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Name important characteristics of classical music.
- Define the sonata allegro form and identify this form in music of classicism.
- Define the structure of the classical symphony.
- Explain the difference between the classical and the modern symphony orchestra.
- Reflect on the life and legacy of J. Haydn.
Contributors and Attributions
CC licensed content, Original
- Provided by: Lumen Learning and Natalia Kuznetsova. License: CC BY: Attribution