By the end of this chapter, students will be able to:
- define creative nonfiction and understand the basic features of the genre.
- identify basic literary elements (such as setting, plot, character, descriptive imagery, and figurative language).
- perform basic literary analysis.
- craft a personal narrative essay using the elements of creative nonfiction, using MLA-style formatting.
- 2.7: The Personal Narrative Essay
- This assignment is a short piece of Creative Nonfiction which allows students to introduce themselves to the class, review storytelling basics, and learn about some of the most common literary devices they will encounter when reading literature.