Complete this activity before class. Take a screenshot of your summary page and upload it to the D2L dropbox.
Read the article that we agreed upon for your topic. I recommend making an account with Readlang, which can help you read articles on the web if you install the web reader on your browser.
Upload a document to D2L that answers the following questions in English:
- Paste in the link to the text that you read.
- Summarize the text as well as you can (don’t worry if you don’t understand everything!).
- Why did you choose this text? What is interesting about it? How does it fit into your topic?
- What strategies did you use to understand the text? What did you figure out that you weren’t sure of, and how did you do that?
- What things did you still have trouble understanding?
- What did this text contribute to your understanding of your topic in the Russian context?
- List 5 words from the article that are new to you that you think would be useful to remember.
- What style is the text?
- Did you notice any verbal adjectives or verbal adverbs in the text?