This online book is designed to help students learn the skills they will need to do well in college-level classes. Some courses will focus on writing, some on reading, and some on a combination of the two; this book is designed to work with all of those classes.
Welcome, students, and remember: a skill is not a magical ability. By that, we mean it can be learned; you don't have to be born "good at" reading or writing. Like any other skill, reading and writing abilities improve through learning the step-by-step process to doing both, and through practice. We hope this book will help you develop your own skills.
- No image available1: Reading and Writing Process
- No image available2: Essay Structure
- No image available3: Grammar and Vocabulary
- No image available4: Style, Tone, and Inference
- No image available5: Writing in Class
- No image available6: English Language Learners
- No image available7: Practice Exercises
- No image available8: Readings