- Last updated
Save as PDF
In this unit you will learn to do the following:
- Think critically about issues related to work.
- Use different reading strategies: skimming, scanning, and careful reading.
- Write an illustration paragraph.
- Identify and use compound sentences to make your writing more fluent.
- Understand what run-on sentences are, and how to correct them.
- Manage your time when you are very busy.
- 3.1: Reading- A Woman's Place
- 3.2: Reading Skills- Skimming, Scanning and Careful Reading
- 3.3: Reading- The Mining Industry- Ensuring Worker Safety
- 3.4: Writing Skills- The Illustration Paragraph
- 3.5: Working with Language- Compound Sentences
- 3.6: Trouble Spots in Language- Run-on Sentences
- 3.7: Study Skills- Managing Your Workload
- 3.8: Bringing It Together- Writing Task
- 3.9: Reflect on Your Learning
- 3.10: Just for Fun- Crossword