- Last updated
Save as PDF
In this unit you will learn to do the following:
· Think critically about people’s names.
· Read actively and thoughtfully, and use different approaches to reading a text.
· Follow a step-by-step approach to writing.
· Identify different parts of speech.
· Recognize your own strengths and weaknesses in grammar.
· Set SMART goals for yourself as you start a new course of study.
- 1.1: Reading- What's Your Name?
- 1.2: Reading Skills- Be a Better Reader
- 1.3: Reading- Why Did Aubrey Graham Change His Name?
- 1.4: Writing Skills- The Writing Process
- 1.5: Working with Language- Understanding Parts of Speech
- 1.6: Trouble Spots in Language- Test Yourself
- 1.7: Study Skills- Setting SMART Goals
- 1.8: Bringing It Together- Writing Task
- 1.9: Reflect on Your Learning
- 1.10: Just for Fun- Word Search