Adapted from Writing for Success and Edited by Amber Kinonen, Jennifer McCann, Todd McCann, and Erica Mead Designed by the Bay College Online Learning Department and Bay College Library.
- 1: Reading and Writing in College
- 2: The Writing Process
- 3: Purpose, Audience, Tone, and Content
- 4: Writing Summaries and Responses
- 5: Writing Essays
- 6: Narration
- 7: Description
- 8: Exemplification: Using Examples to Support a Thesis
- 9: Process Analysis
- 10: Comparison and Contrast
- 11: Classification
- 12: Cause and Effect
- 13: Argument and Persuasion
- 14: Research Strategies
Thumbnail: Alphabetic writing is a frequent category in human communication. Image used with permission (CC BY-SA 4.0; Petar Milošević).