- Last updated
Save as PDF
Even though this period is so brief, when you think of ancient Greek art, you likely think of the art produced during this period: the Parthenon, the noble caryatids on the Erechtheion, and the perfect proportions of the Doryphoros.
c. 450 - 400 B.C.E.
- 10.5.1: Polykleitos, Doryphoros (Spear-Bearer)
- 10.5.2: Myron, Discobolus (Discus Thrower)
- 10.5.3: The Athenian Agora and the experiment in democracy
- 10.5.4: The Parthenon, Athens
- 10.5.5: Phidias, Parthenon sculpture (pediments, metopes and frieze)
- 10.5.6: Who owns the Parthenon sculptures?
- 10.5.7: Egyptian blue on the Parthenon sculptures
- 10.5.8: Plaque of the Ergastines
- 10.5.9: The Erechtheion
- 10.5.10: Caryatid and Ionic Column from the Erechtheion
- 10.5.11: Temple of Athena Nike on the Athenian Acropolis
- 10.5.12: Nike Adjusting Her Sandal, Temple of Athena Nike, Acropolis, Athens
- 10.5.13: Grave stele of Hegeso