Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What year was the artwork created?
- What is going on in history when the artwork was created?
- How should I look at art?
- How should I describe art?
- What is the special language that is used to describe art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- representational art
- abstract art
- non-representational/non-objective art
- still life
- illusion of space
- perspective (one point)
- foreground/middle ground/background
- horizon line
- vanishing point
- sculpture: relief, intaglio, in the round (free standing)
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.