Volume I presents sentence logic.
- 1: Basic Ideas and Tools
- 2: Transciption Between English and Sentence Logic
- 3: Logical Equivalence, Logical Truths, and Contradictions
- 4: Validity and Conditionals
- 5: Natural Deduction for Sentence Logic - Fundamentals
- 6: Natural Deduction for Sentence Logic - Strategies
- 7: Natural Deduction for Sentence Logic - Derived Rules & Derivations without Premises
- 8: Truth Trees for Sentence Logic - Fundamentals
- 9: Truth Trees for Sentence Logic - Applications
Thumbnail: The example is in first-order logic a sentence. This sentence is true in the positive real numbers ℝ+, false in the real numbers ℝ, and true in the complex numbers ℂ.
Contributors and Attributions
Paul Teller (UC Davis). The Primer was published in 1989 by Prentice Hall, since acquired by Pearson Education. Pearson Education has allowed the Primer to go out of print and returned the copyright to Professor Teller who is happy to make it available without charge for instructional and educational use.