By the end of this chapter, students should be able to:
- identify some of the defining qualities of literature.
- begin analyzing how they would categorize works within the literary spectrum.
- challenge the historical ways in which works have or have not been classified as literature.
- discuss the benefits of reading and writing about literature.
- 1.7: Discussion Activity - What is Literature To You?
- This is a reading or discussion activity students can use to analyze their relationship to literature, and come up with their own definitions about what literature means to them.