Skip to main content
4.8.2: Reading and Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- What are some of the causes Apess identifies as the causes for the misery of Native Americans? What, if anything, do these causes have in common?
- How will Native Americans and whites be equal in the sight of God? What transcendent vision is Apess advocating for whites, who claim to be Christians?
- How does Apess undermine whites’ assumptions of their superiority to Native Americans? To what effect?
- Why, and in what way, does Apess use rhetorical tropes and phrases deriving from white European discourse (like the King James Bible)?
- What “Christian” virtues does Apess claim for Native Americans, and why?