Skip to main content
1.4.2: Reading and Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- In Chapter XV, how does Cabeza de Vaca reconcile his practicing the Indians’ healing with his own cultural beliefs?
- In Chapter XV, what information about the Indians’ culture does Cabeza de Vaca convey? How?
- In Chapter XVI, how do the Indians treat the Spaniards? Why?
- In Chapter XIX, what does Cabeza de Vaca learn of the people who came in the boat of Peñalosa and Tellez? What is his attitude toward what he learns? How do you know?
- In Chapter XXI, separated from the Indians and his companions, naked and lost, how does Cabeza de Vaca survive the winter cold? What is his attitude toward his survival? How do you know?