The following sentences are for in-class use by the teacher to provide students with directions. Students do not need to be able to use these; just learn what action is expected. The goal is to avoid using English in the classroom from the very beginning of the course.
1. Kiite kudasai. 聞 き いてください。 1. Please listen.
2. Itte kudasai. 言ってください。 2. Please say it.
3. Kotaete kudasai. 答 こた えてください。 3. Please answer.
4. Mou ichido onegai-shimasu.もう一度 いちど お願 ねが いします。 4. One more time, please.
5. X-san ni itte kudasai. Ｘさんに言い ってください。5. Please say it to Mr/s. X.
Greetings and Ritual Expressions
Common daily greetings and ritual expressions are introduced here. The dialogues below provide sample contexts. A vocabulary list follows each dialogue with some notes. Additional items are marked with +. It is recommended that rather than memorizing words in isolation, you learn them through the dialogue along with appropriate body language.
First listen to the accompanying audio and practice each line aloud. Add on one line at a time. Stand up where appropriate. Practice alternatives for different contexts.