A. Cue: 相撲、見たくない？ Don’t you want to see Sumo?
Response: あ、見たい。 Oh, I want to.
Cue: すし、食べたくない？ Don’t you want to eat Sushi?
Response: あ、食べたい。 Oh, I want to.
B. Cue: すし、食べますか？ Will you eat Sushi?
Response:うん、食べる． Yeh, I will.
Cue: 勉強、しますか？ Will you study?
Response: うん、する。 Yeh, I will.
C. Say it in Japanese.
A friend has asked you what you want to do this weekend.
1. I’d like to go to Fukuoka and see the festival.
2. I’d like to study because there will be an exam next week.
3. I’d like to read the new book by Murakami.
4. I’d like to clean my apartment and do laundry.
5. I’d like to see my friends and go shopping.
Ask a friend the following questions.
6. Do you drink coffee?
7. Do you have homework this weekend?
8. Do you speak French?
9. Is Prof. Yamamoto in today?
10. Do you need chopsticks?
D. Act in Japanese.
1. Ask a friend if he is free a) next weekend, b) the end of the month, c) the end of the year.
2. Ask a friend if she feels like a) having coffee, b) having ramen, c) going to an onsen.
3. Reply a) yes, you want to, b) no you do not, c) no, not particularly.
4. As you part with a friend, tell her that you are going to call her later.
5. Ask a friend to send you that file you two talked about because you want to take a look.