- Last updated
Save as PDF
In this unit you will learn to do the following:
- Think critically about issues related to nature, the environment, and land use.
- Identify the author’s purpose and intended audience.
- Write a persuasive paragraph.
- Incorporate persuasive information into a letter.
- Identify and use commonly confused words.
- Understand and prevent academic dishonesty.
- 9.1: Reading- The Canadian Canoe Museum
- 9.2: Reading Skills- Understanding Audience and Purpose
- 9.3: Reading- The Northern Lights
- 9.4: Writing Skills- The Persuasive Paragraph
- 9.5: Working with Language- Writing a Letter to the Editor
- 9.6: Trouble Spots in Language- Easily Confused Words
- 9.7: Study Skills- Avoiding Dishonesty
- 9.8: Bring It Together- Writing Task
- 9.9: Reflect on Your Learning
- 9.10: Just for Fun- Facts about Canada