- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Boat, Ted Harrison, 1986 (Art credit: Ted Harrison Foundation).
In this unit you will learn to do the following:
- Think critically about issues related to art.
- Bring an understanding of the author’s background and beliefs to your reading.
- Write a descriptive paragraph.
- Use synonyms to make your writing more creative and descriptive.
- Identify and correct sentence fragments.
- Avoid procrastination.
- 5.1: Reading- Making Art on the West Coast
- 5.2: Reading Skills- Whose Ideas Are These?
- 5.3: Reading -Is Studying Art a Waste of Time
- 5.4: Writing Skills- The Descriptive Paragraph
- 5.5: Working with Language- Using Synonyms
- 5.6: Trouble Spots in Language- Fragments
- 5.7: Study Skills- Avoiding Procrastination
- 5.8: Bringing It Together- Writing Task
- 5.9: Just for Fun- Procrastination
- 5.10: Reflect on Your Learning