After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Early Christian art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this era
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Early Christian art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Early Christian art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- Does Early Christian art have a look distinct from Classical art?
- What are the characteristic features of Early Christian art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- orant figure
- Pagan art
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.