Skip to main content
4: Writing about Gender and Sexuality - Applying Feminist and Gender Criticism
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Understand the theory of feminism.
- Understand the theory of gender criticism, including queer theory and masculinity studies.
- Apply a feminist and/or gender methodology to works of literature.
- Engage in the writing process of a peer writer, including peer review.
- Review and evaluate a variety of feminist and gender papers by peer writers.
- Draft and revise a feminist or gender paper on a literary work.
- 4.1: Literary Snapshot: "Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland"
- 4.2: Feminist Theory: An Overview
- 4.3: Gender Criticism and Queer Theory
- 4.4: Gender Criticism: Masculinity Studies
- 4.5: Feminist and Gender Criticism: A Process Approach
- 4.6: Student Writer at Work: Gretchen Panzer’s Feminist Response to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby
- 4.7: Student Sample Paper: Carrie Obry’s “Homoerotic Impulses in Willa Cather’s ‘Paul’s Case’”
- 4.8: Student Sample Paper: Duncan Raunio’s “The Tragedy of Performing Gender in Kate Chopin’s The Awakening”
- 4.9: End-of-Chapter Assessment
- 4.10: Suggestions for Further Reading