1. To what effect does Surrey use sounds, like consonance and assonance? How does his use of sounds compare to Wyatt’s?
2. What seems characteristically English in the sonnets’ nature imagery, especially considering that their source is Italian (Petrarch’s Sonnets)? How does his use of sonnet conventions compare with Wyatt’s?
3. How do Surrey’s closing couplet’s complete their respective sonnets’ meaning and intent?
4. To Surrey, what makes Windsor a more than physical prison, and why?
5. The speaker in “O happy dames, that may embrace,” is a female. What attitudes towards and expectations of women does Surrey reveal through his speaker’s words?