Skip to main content
3.17.2: Reading and Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Why does this piece suggest women, let alone Cherokee women, should be listened to? How revolutionary or unconventional are its arguments?
- What qualities characterize the authors of this letter, that is, Katteuha and the three other Cherokee women? How do you know?
- What aspects of Cherokee culture can you discern from this letter?
- Why is this letter sent by a group of women, rather than just one woman? To what effect?
- What awareness of Benjamin Franklin’s personality and/or culture does this letter reveal? How do you know?