Skip to main content
3.15.2: Reading and Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- By whose perspective do we judge Eliza Wharton’s character? Why? How does the epistolary genre contribute to this perspective?
- What is Eliza’s place in society, and why? Who supports her, and why? How do they communicate with, or for, her?
- How liberated, or free, is Eliza Wharton? How do you know?
- What are the forces, if any, that constrain Eliza, and why?
- How, if at all, is Eliza’s rebelliousness and desire for freedom confused with immorality? Why?