Skip to main content
HUMX1100 Learning Objectives
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify existing, hidden assumptions/opinions that constitute road blocks to critically evaluative thinking.
- Identify with humanistic purpose the importance of the humanities in one's own life.
- Identify recurrent themes in the Humanities and how they were embellished.
- Analyze various artworks in several media by using the fundamentals of critical analysis as well as elements of artistic literacy.
- Analyze artworks in order to determine the artist's message and/or the organizational principles of artistic literacy.
- Derive conclusions based on analysis and synthesis as to the life-enhancing value of an artwork.
- Discuss possible limitations of one's own conclusions concerning various artworks.
- Discuss how artists' personal lives contributed to their lives as creative personalities.
- Recognize the various manifestations of ancient myths in selected television programs, films, and paintings.
- Discuss a more effective use of television and digital media for the purpose of self-actualization.
- Discern the connecting bonds of humanity between past and present cultures.