Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What are the characteristic features of Early Medieval art?
- What types of art were produced in the Early Medieval period?
- What are the characteristic features of Carolingian art?
- How does Carolingian art differ from Early Medieval and Ottonian art?
- What are the characteristic features of Ottonian art?
- How is Ottonian art different from Early Medieval and Carolingian art?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- barbarian metalwork
- illuminated manuscripts
- cross-carpet page
- barrel vault
- groin vault
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.