Skip to main content
Critical Thinking Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- What determines the color of skin, and what is the process that darkens skin when it is exposed to UV light?
- Cells of the epidermis derive from stem cells of the stratum basale. Describe how the cells change as they become integrated into the different layers of the epidermis.
- Explain the differences between eccrine and apocrine sweat glands.
- Describe the structure and composition of nails.
- Why do people sweat excessively when exercising outside on a hot day?
- Explain your skin’s response to a drop in body core temperature.
- Why do teenagers often experience acne?
- Why do scars look different from surrounding skin?