Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- H. H. the fourteenth Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, "Love, Altruism, Vegetarianism, Anger and the Responsibilities of Teachers. Questions Answered by H. H. the Dalai Lami," The Middle Way 60:2 (August 1985), p. 69. Quoted by Ken Jones, The Social Face of Buddhism: An Approach to Political and Social Activism (London: Wisdom Publications, 1989), p. 154.
- Ibid., pp. 240-246.
- See Chapter 7, p. 173.
- Jones is here quoting Joanna R. Macy, Dharma and Development: Religion as Resource in the Sarvodaya Self-help Movement, rev. ed. (West Hartford, CT: Kumarian Press, 1985), p. 95.
- Ibid., p. 32.
- Ibid., p. 76.
- Ibid., p. 37.
- Ibid., p. 39.
- Ibid., p. 66.
- Ibid., p. 15.
- Jones here quotes from Detlef Kantowsky, Sarvodaya: The Other Development (New Delhi, India: Vikas, 1980), p. 67.
- Danny Collum, "Thank God for the Catholic Worker," Sojourners Magazine 12:5 (May 1983), p. 7.
- Peggy Scherer, "Living Symbols," Sojourners Magazine 12:5 (May 1983), pp. 30-31.
- Dorothy Day, Loaves and Fishes (New York: Harper and Row, 1963). This book sketches the history and the vision of the Catholic Worker. See also Robert Coles, Dorothy Day: A Radical Devotion (Reading, MA: A Merloyd Lawrence Book/Addison Wesley, 1987).
- Jim Wallis, "An Explosion of Love," Sojourners Magazine 10:1 January 1981), pp. 3-4.