Words of Wisdom can come from anyone. In this text we discuss topics ranging from "Are Humans good by nature?" to "Is there a God?" to "Do I have the right to my own opinion?" Philosophy is the study of wisdom, and can emerge in our conversations in social media, in school, around the family dinner table, and even in the car. The text uses materials that are 2,500 years old, and materials that were in the news this year. Wise people come in all shapes and types, and from every culture on earth. We have poetry and folktales, sacred writings and letters. Dialogues and interviews, news columns, Ted Talks, You Tube recordings and even comedy are all a part of the content in this text.
- Front Matter
- No image available1: Classics
- No image available2: Medieval Materials
- No image available3: Spiritual Philosophy and Tales from Across the World
- No image available4: Early Modern Wisdom 1500-1750
- No image available6: Modern Wisdom
- No image available7: Links to Additional Great Resources
- No image availableLate Modern Wisdom 1750-1950 CE
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: The Death of Socrates (1787) by Jacques-Louis David (Public Domain).