Skip to main content
11.3: Review and Discussion Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Explain Plato’s conception of justice. How does it differ from contemporary liberal views of justice?
- Why is Plato no fan of democracy?
- In what way does Locke see us as having a natural right to liberty?
- What is the function of government according to Locke and how is it justified?
- How does Locke justify property rights?
- Explain the tragedy of the commons and how it presents a challenge to a Lockean conception of property rights.
- How does the creation of wealth and property in our society differ from the idealized individualistic conception Locke offers?
- Explain Rawls' two principles of social justice as fairness.
- How does Rawls' employ the idea of the original position and the veil of ignorance in supporting his principles of social justice?