Skip to main content
3.6: Review and Discussion Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Explain Protagoras’ epistemic relativism.
- How does Socrates oppose epistemic relativism?
- What is the Socratic Method?
- How does Socrates respond to Euthyphro’s suggestion that the pious is what is loved by all the gods? How does his response point us towards a critique of Divine Command Theory? What is the problem with the view that what is pious is pious because it is loved by the gods?
- What are Plato’s forms? Why does Plato take the forms to be the most real sorts of entities?
- What is temperance and why is it a virtue in Plato’s view?
- How is Plato’s vision of justice non-egalitarian and anti-democratic?
- How do Plato and Aristotle’s views on form differ?
- What is the difference between essence and accident?
- What does it mean to say that Aristotle held a teleological view of the world?
- Explain Aristotle’s four causes as principles of explanation.
- What is the role of Aristotle’s philosophy and science in leading to the scientific revolution?