A move back into “hard” SF, and a precursor to more modern themes, denotes much of Kress’ work, like this story.
What the hell difference does it make what I think? Why does he have to come here…? Why can’t they all go someplace else besides here? There must be lots of places they can go, out of all them bright stars up there behind the clouds. They don’t need to come here where I need this job….
- “Laws of Survival,” Jim Baen’s Universe Dec. 2007
- “Images of Anna,” Fantasy Sep. 2009
- “End Game,” Asimov’s April/May 2007
- “Margin of Error,” Omni Oct. 1994
- “Always True to Thee, in My Fashion,” Asimov’s Jan. 1997
- “Spillage,” F&SF April 1988
Non-Fiction by Nancy Kress