- Examine the concerns of scholars working to understand literary representations of the natural world.
- Apply ecocriticism to works of literature.
- Review works of poetry and fiction that explore the relationships between human beings and animals, plants, natural features, and natural phenomena.
- Learn how to revise an academic argument for clarity, persuasiveness, and stylistic grace.
- Draft and revise a critique of a work of literature based on environmental concerns.
- 8.4: Writing about the Natural World - A Process Approach
- Ecocriticism provides us with a particular lens to use when we read and interpret works of literature. Such reading and interpreting, however, never happens after just a first reading; in fact, all critics reread works multiple times before venturing an interpretation.
Thumnail: A pretty Cow. pixabay.com/photos/cow-bull-...asture-431729/