Skip to main content
3.11.2: Reading and Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Why do you think Murray begin her essay with a poem?
- How and on what grounds does Murray ask her readers to consider observed fact as opposed to societal constructs and stereotypes?
- To what causes does Murray attribute female “inferiority”?
- What opportunities would equal education afford women?
- Why does Murray consider the effects of the Bible, or ‘sacred oracles,’ on society’s views of women’s equality (or lack thereof)?