Skip to main content
3.7.2: Reading and Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- How does Paine present himself in Common Sense? In other words, what is his persona? What sort of relationship does his persona seem to have with the intended audience? Why?
- Why, and to what effect, do you think Paine uses religious language and scriptural authority?
- How does Paine use logic? As a logician, is his argument fallible or convincing? Why, either way?
- How does Paine use emotions, or sensibility, and affections? How and on what terms does he use emotions to represent the Revolution?
- What benefits does Paine point to in perfect equality among humankind? Why?