1.4.1: Drills and Exercises
- Page ID
A. Cue: Renshuu-shimasu ka. Will you practice?
Response: Ee, chotto renshuu-shimasen ka. Yes, why don’t we practice a little?
Cue: Kaimasu ka. Will you buy it?
Response: Ee, chotto kaimasenka. Yes, why don’t we buy a little?
B. Cue: Yasumimashita ne. You were absent, right?
Response: Kinou wa yasumimashita kedo, ototoi wa yasumimasen deshita. I was absent yesterday, but I wasn’t the day before yesterday
Cue: Ikimashita ne. You went, right?
Response: Kinou wa ikimashita kedo, ototoi wa ikimasen deshita. I went yesterday, but I didn’t the day before yesterday.
C. Say it in Japanese.
You’ve been asked about your plan for this weekend.
1. I’ll study.
2. Why don’t we talk tomorrow?
3. I emailed you yesterday. Didn’t you read it?
4. I don’t know, but why don’t we go out?
5. I’ll just take a break, but how about you, Mr. Yamada?
D. Act in Japanese.
1. You’ve just finished writing a report. Announce that it’s done.
2. You have just given an intern some instructions. Check if he understood.
3. As you part, let Ms. Honda know that you’ll email her.
4. A classmate is late in showing up. Suggest that somebody call her.
5. While driving, you see Ms. Honda walking. Offer her a ride.
6. Ms. Honda is looking for something. Ask if she didn’t buy it yesterday