A. Listen to the audio. Following the first two model exchanges, respond to each cue.
Cue: Shimasu ka. Do you play?
Response: Ee, yoku shimasu. Yes, we play a lot.
Cue: Tabemasu ka. Do you eat this?
Response: Ee, yoku tabemasu. Yes, I eat it a lot.
B. Cue: Shimasu ka. Do you do it?
Response: Iie, amari shimasen nee. No, we don’t do it much.
Cue: Tabemasu ka. Do you eat it?
Response: Iie, amari tabemasen nee. No, I don’t eat it much.
C. Cue: Shimasen ka. Don’t you play?
Response: Ee, zenzen shimasen nee. Right, I don’t at all.
Cue: Tabemasen ka. Don’t you eat it?
Response: Ee, zenzen tabemasen nee. Right, we don’t eat it at all.
D. Say it in Japanese.
You are talking about a Japanese dish. You’ve been asked if you eat it.
1. No, I don’t eat it at all.
2. No, I don’t eat it very often.
3. Yes, I eat it often.
4. Yes, I make it sometimes.
5. Yes, I make it often.
E. Act in Japanese.
1. Ms. Honda is watching a Chinese video. Find out if she understands it.
2. Ms. Honda is talking about a video game. Ask if she plays it often.
3. Ms. Honda has asked you if you eat sushi a lot. Tell her not very often.
4. You heard Ms. Honda say that she does not drink at all. Check if you heard her correctly.