Tips for Using this Textbook
- Page ID
A few tips to help you make the most of this open, online textbook:
1. Familiarize yourself with the Contents links on the right side of this page. Learn the difference between a unit and the multiple sections within each unit.
- Click the gray triangle ► next to each unit heading to open up the sections within that unit. Click a section title to go directly to that section.
- Click a unit heading to reach the printer-friendly compilation of that entire unit. To print that unit then, simply use your browser’s “Print” command to get a print-optimized edition of the entire unit.
2. For reading online, the best way to read is to read each section separately. You can use either the section-specific links in the Contents menu (see above), or use the “Next” and “Previous” links at the top and bottom of every section to move through the sections in sequence.
3. Make note of the big white “Search” box above, and note that that is always available. This feature may come in very handy as you work through this material.
4. Note the “Recent Changes” link above, also always available. That will show you an automatically-generated list of textbook sections that have been recently revised, so that you can occasionally check there to see if something you already studied has since been revised.
5. Make sure you noticed the “Two Things You Will Need to Succeed” described on the “About this Book” “cover” of this book.