Skip to main content
2.3: Questions to Guide Your Reading
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Explain why the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers were significant for ancient Mesopotamians.
- Describe the characteristics of civilizations that were found in ancient Mesopotamia.
- What does the Epic of Gilgamesh tell scholars about Mesopotamian values, views of the environment, and conceptions of the afterlife?
- How did the rulers of ancient Mesopotamian empires attempt to bring together and control the people within their realms?
- Describe the legacies of the civilization in ancient Mesopotamia.
- Explain the central beliefs of Judaism that are evident in the early written tradition.
- How did the United Kingdom of Israel develop and who were its key leaders?
- Describe how the Israelites and their traditions have been influential.
- How did the Nile River and the region’s climate and geography influence the development of Egyptian civilization?
- Which characteristics of civilizations were seen in Ancient Egypt?
- What major continuities were evident throughout Dynastic Egypt?
- Describe Egypt’s intermediate periods.
- Explain the significance of pyramids.
- Describe the major innovations of the New Kingdom.
- What are the legacies of Ancient Egypt?
- Compare the civilizations of Mesopotamia and Egypt.
- What were the defining features of Nubian civilization?
- Describe Kerma and Kush’s relationship with Egypt.