6: A World of Many Powers (AD 200 – AD 580)
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Long divided, the empire will surely unite; long united, it will divide.
* Opening of The Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sanguo yanyi).
- 6.1: Dividing and Uniting
- 6.2: Koguryŏ’s East Asia
- 6.3: The Mainland- Aristocracy Returns
- 6.4: The Peninsula and Archipelago Before Writing
- 6.5: From Chiefs to Queen and Kings in the Archipelago
- 6.6: Buddhism in Diplomacy
- 6.7: Sources
Thumbnail: Haniwa earthenware horse’s head, Japan, sixth century. About a foot long. Source: Metropolitan Museum of Art. Public domain.