Illustration essays use well-developed examples to illuminate a topic in a way that an audience may not have previously considered. The examples should be detailed and real, based on observation or research, so that they are relatable to the audience who could use the information to make informed decisions or validate opinions.
- An effective or ineffective teacher/professor
- An outstanding nurse/doctor
- Symptoms of stress on the body
- The perfect vacation destination
- A horrible job
- A review of any business establishment
Chapter Questions for Comprehension
- What practical, non-academic purpose indicate an illustrative writing approach?
- What role do adjectives serve in the development of an illustrative paragraph or essay?
- Why is secondary support critical in the development of an illustrative assignment?