10.1: A beginner’s guide- Ancient Greece
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Greeks were united by a shared language, religion, and culture.
c. 700 - 146 B.C.E.
By around 500 B.C.E. “rule by the people,” or democracy, emerged in the city of Athens. Following the defeat of the Persian Empire, Greece (and Athens in particular) entered a golden age of art, literature, and philosophy.
- 10.1.1: Ancient Greece, an introduction
- 10.1.2: Introduction to ancient Greek art
- 10.1.3: Contrapposto explained
- 10.1.4: Introduction to ancient Greek architecture
- 10.1.5: Greek architectural orders
- 10.1.6: Black Figures in Classical Greek Art
- 10.1.7: Olympic games